More About Me
Jay West, MB CIPS e-PRO RSPS TRC“As Owner/Broker of WINDERMERE REAL ESTATE in LOS CABOS, BCS, MEXICO and also a licensed Broker with WINDERMERE REAL ESTATE COMPANY in SEATTLE, WASHINGTON (Sand Point Office), I am an experienced Bi-National REALTOR specializing in Resort & Second-Home properties and developments. In addition to my lifelong appreciation for the Pacific Northwest, I trust you will allow me to introduce you to one of the great destinations on Earth.... my other home in Los Cabos and the Southern Baja in Mexico. I am committed to assisting our clients and referral partners with patience, and a thorough understanding of our markets."
International Experience with 20 Years in Mexico and the U.S.As a Bi-National Resort & Second-Home Property Specialist, Jay West offers Northwest residential and investment properties to international buyers from Mexico and elsewhere through his well-established networks. In addition to his Windermere general brokerage in Washington, Jay specializes in the confidential sourcing and acquisition of development properties, and has represented several of Los Cabos' most successful developers in the marketing and sales of premier condominium and residential properties. Jay has been living and working in Los Cabos Mexico for 20 years and he is a graduate of the University of Oregon with a degree in Psychology.
Respected, Connected & Qualified!Jay is a Bi-National REALTOR in the US and Mexico and is a trusted member of the Mexican & US real estate communities of professionals with the following designations and elections:
• Proud to be a NAR designated REALTOR and an member of AMPI (Mexican Association of Real Estate Professionals) since 1998.
• Currently Licensed as a Managing Broker in the State of Washington
• WA REALTORS Global Business and Alliances Council (Member 2012)
• Certified International Property Specialist & Member, National Association of REALTORS (USA) - CIPS Network (since Nov. 2004)
• Certified e-PRO REALTOR (since June 2012)
• Certified Resort and Second-home Property Specialist (NAR Charter Designee #4 - 2004)
• Transnational Referral Certification - ICREA (Inaugural Class, Orlando FL - Nov. 2004)
• President, AMPI Los Cabos 2007 & 2004 (Mexican Association of Real Estate Professionals)
• 2011 Coordinador Region 3 - AMPI Nacional (States of Baja California Sur & Sinaloa)
Life Before WindermereJay and his wife Teena owned and operated CaboRealty in Los Cabos prior to joining with Nieman+Posch Boutique Realty and introducing the Windermere brand into Mexico. Jay has more than 40 years of experience in marketing, sales, and business development in the USA, China, and Mexico. His background includes more than a decade as Founder/Owner/Manager of award-winning Radio Station KZEL-FM in Eugene, Oregon, and Partner/President of OrePac Marketing International which brought together the Fujian Electronic Computer Company and the former ONYX/IMI of Silicon Valley to successfully complete the import, design, and construction of the first computer hard disk-drive factory in Fujian, China. Jay earned his first real estate license in Oregon early in his career.